IPL 2025: Delhi Capitals top batsman banned for 2 years
IPL 2025: Delhi capitals England batsman Harry Brook has been banned from the Indian Premier League (IPL) for two years by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). Delhi Capitals top batsman banned for 2 years.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has reportedly been informed of the decision, which was taken after Brook made a last-minute call to withdraw from the upcoming 2025 IPL season. According to a report Brook and the ECB have been informed about the BCCI’s decision.

It said both were aware of the Indian board’s new policy on foreign players skipping the IPL season after being handed a contract. “The BCCI has sent an official communication to the ECB and Brook about banning them for two years as per the policy communicated to every player before they registered their names in the IPL auction last year.
“This is a policy set by the board and every player has to adhere to it,” a BCCI official confirmed to media. According to the new rule introduced by the IPL, “Any player who, after registering for the auction and being selected, declares himself unavailable before the start of the season, will be banned from participating in the tournament and player auctions for 2 seasons.”
Brook, who was bought by Delhi Capitals for Rs 6.25 crore in the mega auction held last November, decided to withdraw from the upcoming IPL season, which starts on March 22, due to the need to prepare for commitments with the England team.

“I have taken the difficult decision to withdraw from the upcoming IPL,” Brook said in a statement. “I would like to express my deepest apologies to the Delhi Capitals and their supporters.” With the guidance of people I trust, I have taken the time to seriously consider this decision.
This is a truly significant time for England cricket, and I want to fully commit to preparing for the upcoming series. “I know not everyone will understand, and I don’t expect them to, but I have to do what I believe is right and playing for my country remains my priority and focus.”
“I am very grateful for the opportunities I have been given and the support I have received.” The England batsman had also pulled out of the 2024 IPL season due to the death of his grandmother. Overall, Brook, who made his debut for Sunrisers Hyderabad in 2023, has scored 190 runs, including a century, in 11 matches in his IPL career.
Also Read: Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) complete schedule for IPL 2025





