Pahalgam Terrorist Attack: PM Modi government first revenge against Pakistan


Pahalgam Terrorist Attack: On the afternoon of April 22, an attack left 26 innocent people, mostly tourists, dead after terrorists opened fire in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pahalgam. Pahalgam Terrorist Attack: PM Modi government announced first revenge against Pakistan.

The victims include children, newlyweds, and families simply seeking a moment of joy. The Resistance Front, a shadow organization of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), claimed responsibility for the terrorist attack, which sparked several reactions from India’s neighboring countries, including Pakistan, Bangladesh, China, and Sri Lanka.

Pahalgam Terrorist Attack: PM Modi government announced first revenge
Image credit / News Next English

Pakistani diplomats have been classified as ‘persona non grata’ and asked to leave the country within a week, Foreign Secretary Vikram Mishri said on Wednesday. This was one of the many decisions taken at the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Union Home Minister Amit Shah and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh attended the meeting. After the CCS meeting, a face-to-face meeting was held between Prime Minister Modi and Amit Shah. All Pakistani military advisors in India will be declared persona non grata.

The Ministry of External Affairs has said that Pakistani nationals are prohibited from traveling to India under SAARC exempt visas. Any Pakistani nationals in India under these visas have 48 hours to leave the country. Any SPES visas previously issued to Pakistani nationals will also be deemed to have been cancelled.

Pahalgam Terrorist Attack: PM Modi government announced first revenge
Image credit to original source

Any Pakistanis currently in India under these visas will have 48 hours to leave India. New Delhi has decided to withdraw its own defense, naval and air advisors from the Indian High Commission in Islamabad. “These posts in the respective High Commissions are considered to have been abolished.”

Referring to the deportation of 26/11 prime accused Tahawwur Rana, Misri said: “The perpetrators of the attack will be brought to justice, and India will continue to pursue those who commit acts of terrorism.”

The government has vowed that the perpetrators of the Pahalgam incident “will not be silenced and brought to justice.” Meanwhile, sources said that the central government is likely to convene an all-party meeting on April 24 under the chairmanship of Defense Minister Rajnath Singh.

Also Read: Pahalgam terror attack: BCCI big decision on IPL 2025

News Next Live

News Next Live | Latest Breaking News, India & Global Updates News Next Get real-time breaking news, in-depth analysis, and top stories in English, Kannada, and Tamil. Your 24/7 source for trusted journalism.

Related Articles

Back to top button