Fuel Crisis Lockdown: Home Minister Amit Shah made big statement
Amit Shah on Saturday ruled out any disruption to normal life amid the volatility in the global energy market, saying "there is no question of a lockdown"
Fuel Crisis Lockdown: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday ruled out any disruption to normal life amid the volatility in the global energy market, saying “there is no question of a lockdown” and that energy supply across the country was stable.
It’s definitely a strong statement from the Home Minister, especially considering the current global climate. Amit Shah made these remarks recently during a roadshow in Guwahati , specifically addressing the anxieties caused by the ongoing conflict in West Asia.
The core of his message is that while many nations are scrambling due to the energy crisis, India has built enough resilience over the last decade to keep things “business as usual.”
He explicitly clarified that there are no plans for a lockdown, dismissing rumors that have been circulating on social media comparing the current geopolitical tension to the COVID-19 era.
He noted that while global oil prices have spiked by nearly 50% in the last month, India is one of the few countries where retail prices have remained steady.
Shah said India has managed to keep retail fuel prices stable despite rising prices globally. “While retail prices are increasing across the world, India is the only country that has not seen a hike in petrol and diesel prices.”
Citing international comparisons, he said several countries have taken emergency measures in response to rising fuel costs. “The situation is dire in several countries – a national emergency has been declared in the Philippines, fuel supplies have been limited to no more than 8 litres in Sri Lanka, work-from-home facilities have been implemented in Thailand, flight traffic has been reduced in Vietnam and the working week has been reduced to just four days in Pakistan.”





