Twitter has begun rolling out a new voice messaging feature on its platform. This feature would let Twitter users to send audio messages. This is rolling out in India from February 17.
Twitter’s voice messaging feature will work like Whatsapp’s voice message feature. There will be a dedicated icon that can be used to record and send voice messages instantly.
How to use voice messaging feature
* You need to update Twitter app from Google Play Store or Apple Store.
* Go to messages section on Twitter.
* Tap on the voice recording button to record your message.
* Tap on the recording button to end the recording.
* You can listen to the message before sending it across.
Voice messaging feature will be rolled out to the Android and iOS users for now but the web users can listen to the messages they receive on Twitter.
“The human voice can bring a layer of connectivity to Twitter through emotion, nuance, and empathy often lost in the text. We see this with voice Tweets and voice DMs. Sometimes 280 characters are not enough, and the voice gives people another way to join the conversation,” Twitter said.