Updating Aadhaar card through online is now free until June 14, 2023, thanks to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Normally, updating an Aadhaar card is charged a fee of Rs 50. Aadhaar card Update free till June 14: step by step guide to avail free service.
However, until June 14th, there will be no charge for changing the Aadhar card online through UIDAI’s official website. This service is exclusively free on the myAadhaar webpage only, and charges will be taken at Aadhaar centers.
It is important to note that this service is free only on the myAadhaar portal and will continue to attract a fee of Rs 50 at physical Aadhaar centres, UIDAI had clarified. The UIDAI has been encouraging residents to upload Proof of Identity and Proof of Address (PoI/PoA) documents to revalidate their demographic details.
Especially if Aadhaar was issued 10 years back and never got updated. This will help in improved ease of living, better service delivery, and enhances authentication success rate.
Aadhaar card update: How to avail of this free service:
– Residents may log in on https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ using their Aadhaar number.
– Select the ‘proceed to update address’ option.
– One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to registered mobile number
– One has to just click on ‘Document Update’ and the existing details of the resident will be displayed.
– An Aadhaar holder needs to verify the details, if found correct, click on the next hyperlink.
– In the next screen, the resident has to choose Proof of Identity and Proof of Address documents from the dropdown list.
Also Read: Karnataka Assembly 2023: U T Khader appointed as new speaker
Also Read: WhatsApp New Updates: Now you can edit sent message on WhatsApp: Check how
– Upload a scanned copy of the address proof and select the ‘Submit’ button. upload copies of the same to update his/her documents.
– The Aadhaar update request will be accepted, and a 14-digit Update Request Number (URN) will be generated.