There were some big movements in the central contracts of Team India as the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Sunday announced the Annual Player Contracts for the upcoming 2022-23 season. BCCI announced BCCI contracts list: KL Rahul down, Ajinkya Rahane, Bhuvneshwar Kumar out.
The 26 players named in the annual contract list have been divided into four grades – A+, A, B and C. Players in Grade A + fall in the play bracket of INR 7 crore, grade A in INR 5 crore, INR 3 crore for grade B and grade C with INR 1 crore.
Five of those 26 players have earned a promotion in the annual contract, two have been demoted while retaining their contract, six others, who were not contracted in the previous cycle, have been included in the present list while seven players have lost their contracts.
Here is BCCI complete List:
1. Ravindra Jadeja: Promoted from Grade A (INR 5 cr) to A+ (INR 7 cr)
2. Hardik Pandya: Promoted from Grade C (INR 1 cr) to A (INR 5 cr)
3. Axar Patel: Promoted from B (INR 3 cr) to A (INR 5 cr)
4. Suryakumar Yadav: Promoted from Grade C (INR 1 cr) to B (INR 3 cr)
5. Shubman Gill: Promoted from Grade C (INR 1 cr) to B (INR 3 cr)
1. KL Rahul: Demoted from Grade A (INR 5 cr) to B (INR 3 cr)
2. Shardul Thakur: Demoted from Grade B (INR 3 cr) to C (INR 1 cr)
Ishan Kishan, Deepak Hooda, Kuldeep Yadav, Sanju Samson, Arshdeep Singh, KS Bharat have all been added to Grade C (INR 1 crore).
Also Read: IPL 2023: Bad news for RCB, another top player out from series
Players lost Annual Contracts:
Veteran India cricketers Ajinkya Rahane and Ishant Sharma were both part of Grade B category (INR 5 crore) in the previous BCCI contract list, but have not been given fresh contract for the 2022-23 cycle. Meanwhile, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mayank Agarwal, Hanuma Vihari, Wriddhiman Saha and Deepak Chahar, who were part of Grade C (INR 1 crore), have all been dropped from the list.