The Odisha government today declared a 14-day lockdown in the state from 5 May to curtail the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic. “There shall be lockdown throughout the state with effect from May 5, 2021 (Wednesday) till 5am of May 19, 2021 (Wednesday),” the official order stated.
People will be allowed to purchase essential items within 500 metre radius of their residences between 6 am and 12 pm, as per the order.
Here’s a list of activities that will remain prohibited during the lockdown period. They are:
1. Buses for public transport.
2. Intra-State movement of individuals by road, except for medical reasons or for activities permitted under these guidelines.
3. All educational, training, coaching institutions, etc., except as allowed by Government. However, physical conduct of examinations by state/ national/ international bodies shall be allowed on a case to case basis by the respective Departments with due intimation to all concerned authorities.
4. Exhibitions/ Trade Fairs/ Melas/ physical Business to Business meetings are prohibited. However, such activities may be taken up in virtual mode.
5. Taxis (including auto-rickshaws and cycle rickshaws) and services of cab aggregators (except as specified in subsequent paragraphs of this order).
6. All cinema halls, malls, market complexes, gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, parks, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls, Merry-go-round (Doli) / Meena bazaar and related activities and similar places.
7. Jatra/ opera/ open-air theatres shall not be allowed to operate.