In the wake of the rising cases of coronavirus, the Maharashtra government did not impose lockdown but imposed more restrictions in the state till May 1. As per the latest guidelines, the the marriages will be conducted as a single event in a single hall not extending beyond 2 hours with maximum of total 25 persons attending the same.
To contain the spread of the virus, the Maharashtra government announced stern curbs in the state. The Maharashtra government restricted operation timings of grocery shops from 7 AM to 11 AM.
Here is all you need to know about the new lockdown-like restrictions in Maharashtra effective 8 pm today:
1) Central, state and local governing body offices shall function with 15 per cent attendance. But emergency services dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic will be exempted from this rule.
2) Other offices, allowed to operate as per the existing rules, can function with 15 per cent strength or five people, whichever is more, stated the notification.
3) As to inter-city and inter-district travel ban, exemption will be made for travel for medical emergency, essential services and funeral or medical attendance.
4) As to travel by local trains in Mumbai, the government had tightened the rules on April 13, saying that only those working in the essential services can travel.
5) Travelling will be allowed with 50 per cent capacity of the vehicle.
6) Passengers of private buses (who are allowed to travel) will have to quarantine themselves at home for 14 days after they reach their destination. Bus operators will have to stamp the passengers’ hands to indicate they are supposed to stay at home for 14 days.
7) Weddings can take place with 25 persons in attendance in a single hall. The ceremony shall not extend beyond two hours and violation of the rule will attract a fine of ₹50,000, the notification said.
8) All government employees — state, central and local body — will be allowed to travel by local trains, metros and public transport buses.
9) Medical professionals and those requiring immediate medical attention and the disabled persons can use public transport services during the period. Disabled persons can be accompanied by another person.