Uttar Pradesh: A day after the centre issued new guidelines for ‘Unlock 1’ – the first stage of removing the lockdown – the Uttar Pradesh government today made minor modifications to the central directive. UP Additional Chief Secretary, Awanish Awasthi said that all markets will remain open from 9 am to 9 pm, while super markets are being allowed to open with conditions of social distancing and other precautionary measures.
The state will follow the same guidelines regarding allowing religious places, restaurants, hotels, shopping malls to open up from June 8 outside containment zones. Uttar Pradesh has 1,231 containment areas or hotspots.
What minor modifications have been made?
1. People from containment areas in Delhi are not allowed inside Noida / Ghaziabad.
2. All government offices will resume work with 100 per cent occupancy; to avoid crowding, employees will be assigned three shifts- 9 am to 5 pm, 10 am to 6 pm and 11 am to 7 pm. Workplaces will have to ensure adequate arrangements for sanitisation, face masks, and social distancing.
3. Industries out containment zones will be allowed function.
4. Taxis, cab services and auto rickshaws will be allowed to ply. Roadways buses will be allowed to ply, but standing in buses won’t be allowed. Face masks and gloves mandatory for all drivers, conductors.
5. Wedding halls allowed to open, with capacity capped at 30 people. Permissions for events are mandatory. Strict instructions to avoid carrying weapons – for celebratory firing, or otherwise – to weddings.
6. Salons and beauty parlours have also been allowed to open but they too will have to maintain social distancing. Staff working at salons/beauty parlours should wear face shields and gloves while working.