New Delhi: India is leaving lockdown and has entered ‘Unlock phase 1’. A lot many more things will open up post June 8…I am very confident of India’s capability and crisis management. I trust India’s technology and innovation. I trust the farmers, MSMEs and entrepreneurs. This is why I believe that India will get its growth back, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi while addressing CII’s annual general meeting today, where industry leaders were gathered to discuss ‘how to get growth back’.
“I would rather go beyond ‘Getting Growth Back’ and I would say, “Yes, we will definitely get our growth back”. We have managed to fight Covid-19 because we took stringent steps on time, when the virus was wreaking havoc around the world,” said Prime Minister Narendra Modi, where industry leaders were gathered to discuss ‘how to get growth back’.
Top highlights of the PM Modi’s live address:
• Re-strengthening economy against Corona is one of our highest priorities. For this, the government has taken immediate decisions. We have also taken decisions which will help the country in the long run
• Reforms for my govt is not random or scattered decisions. Reforms are systemic, planned, integrated and inter-connected for my govt.
• Farmers can now go anywhere to sell their produce, will open news avenues for agri-businesses
• Five things are most important for India to be self-reliant: Intent, Inclusion, Investment, Infrastructure and Innovation.
• Will reduce govt intervention from people’s lives.
• I would go beyond ‘Getting Growth Back’ and I would say, Yes, we will definitely get our growth back
• Getting economy back on track is one of our highest priorities
• I strongly believe in India’s crisis management, MSMEs and farmers
• Yes, we will definitely get our growth back
• Online events like these are new normal in the post-covid-19 world.