Many of you might be unaware of sapota but must know about ”Chikoo”. The other name of Sapota is Chikoo. Sapota is a delicious calorie-rich fruit belonging to the category of fruits like mango. This fruit is better known as Chikoo in India. Sapota or Chikoo Fruits Benefits: Consume Chikoo fruit in summer get these health benefits.
Sapota is a delicious tropical fruit that belongs to the Sapotaceae family that goes with the scientific name Manilkara zapota. It has its origin in the rain forests of Central America, particularly in Mexico and Belize, but now it is available in India too. In India, Karnataka is the largest producer of sapodilla, followed by Maharashtra, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, and West Bengal.
Summer is starting. The temperature of the sun is increasing day by day. Sapota fruits are one of the fruits that we get these days. It is very good for health. Like mango and papaya, sapota is high in calories. Sapota is very tasty to eat, so it is often used to make milk shakes. This fruit is rich in vitamins A, B and C.
Vitamin C increases immunity in the body. Sapota is rich in minerals like copper, iron, phosphorus, calcium and niacin. Sapota plays an important role in improving eye sight. The calcium in it helps strengthen bones.
Health benefits of consuming sapota in summer:
– Anemic people, pregnant women, and elderly people consume sopota fruits more often to get the iron needed by the body.
– Eating at least two or three servings a day provides many nutrients for both children and adults. Especially for those who are going out for work, those who are tensed, if they eat sapota, the fatigue will be reduced immediately and new enthusiasm will come.
– Consuming sapota fruit on a daily basis can cure vision problems. If you eat one fruit a day, it boosts your immunity and is very good for your lungs.
– Sapota provides essential vitamins, minerals and fiber to the body. It is rich in calcium, potassium, proteins, carbohydrates and phosphorus.
– Sapota fruit is rich in calcium, which is important for bone health.
– Sapota has many other medicinal properties such as anti-inflammatory. Moreover, they relieve the problem of constipation and some chemicals in this fruit protect the thin mucous membrane at the end of the intestine from damage.
– The fructose in sapota gives the body immediate energy. Pota prevents harmful free radicals. Consuming this sapota juice regularly in summer reduces the body temperature.
– Sapota fruit has the property of preventing skin and hair problems and acts as a natural moisturizer. Its nutrients play an important role in removing harmful substances from the body. It also prevents wrinkles from forming on the skin.
Also Read: Buttermilk Health benefits: Drink Buttermilk and get these health benefits
– Eating sapota directly is very beneficial for health. It also plays an important role in lowering blood pressure.