Cumin or jeera, is an integral part of a majority of our curries and stews. cumin is rich in anti-inflammatory antioxidants, and is also known to be antibacterial and antiseptic. It can solve a host of your tummy woes, fortify digestive tract, relieve nausea, and bloating and constipation.
Starting your day with a glass full of jeera water, could prove to be game changer for you in terms of health and weight loss. Benefits of jeera water makes it one of the healthiest drinks ever known. To make jeera water at home, all you need to do is boil a few seeds of jeera (cumin) in water, then allow it to cool and drink it early in the morning on an empty stomach.
Jeera water also referred to as ‘Jal jeera’ in Hindi, cumin water can be used as a natural remedy for various health problems and is of great advantage to our bodies.
Here are health benefits of jeera water:
1. Boosts Immunity: Jeera is an excellent source of iron and dietary fiber. It is essential to drink jeera water to maintain the normal functionality of your immunity system. It fights diseases and reduces your chances of falling sick.”
2. Good for Stomach: Jeera water helps get rid of acidity and bloating, and provides relief from indigestion. It acts as a painkiller and is especially beneficial in curing stomach ache and abdominal pain.” Cumin water generally stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes and accelerates the digestion process, thus helping you fight gut issues.
3. Good for Skin: Jeera water rejuvenates your skin and gives you that healthy glow you’ve always wanted. It contains high amounts of potassium, calcium, selenium, copper and manganese which help in rejuvenating your skin. Use a face pack of jeera water with turmeric to get that “Jeera water is vital for keeping your skin soft, supple and smooth.”
4. Treats Diabetes: “Jeera water is good for patients suffering from diabetes. You can drink it on an empty stomach to reduce blood sugar levels. Cumin seeds stimulate the insulin production in the body, which helps keep the blood sugar levels in check.
5. Regulates Blood Pressure: “Jeera water is high in potassium content. Potassium is a key mineral that the body relies on for proper functioning. It helps to regulate blood pressure by balancing out the negative effects of salt. And Jeera water is high in potassium”
6. Boosts Energy: Cumin seeds are natural energy boosters. They are power-packed with various nutrients, which help keep the body super energetic through the day. It improves your energy levels and makes you feel so much better.”
7. Treatment of Acne: “Jeera water is a great way to get rid of acne naturally as it is anti-bacterial in nature. Apply topically for clear, flawless skin. It is also because of its anti-inflammatory properties that help keep your skin glowing.
8. Promotes Healthy Hair: “Jeera water contains many nutrients that are great for your hair, and help nourish the roots of your hair. It combats hair thinning and hair loss, It has protein, fat, water and carbohydrates that promote proper hair growth and helps replenish them from the roots.