The next phase of the world’s largest Covid-19 vaccination drive for people above the age of 45 started today, 1 April. Citizens can register, book an appointment for vaccination, anytime and anywhere, using the Co-WIN platform, or the Aarogya Setu app.
According to the Health Ministry, citizens can also visit their nearest vaccination centre after 3 pm and get on-site registration done.
How to register for the Covid vaccine on Co-WIN portal?
• Log on to www.cowin.gov.in.
• Enter your mobile number.
• Get an OTP to create your account.
• Enter the OTP and click on the “Verify” button.
• You will be directed to the registration of the vaccination’ page. On this page, there will be an option to choose one photo ID proof.
• Fill in your name, age, gender and upload an identity document.
• Once the details are entered for registration, Click on the “Register” button.
• Once the registration is completed; the system will show the “Account Details”.
• A citizen can further add three more people linked with this mobile number by clicking on the “Add More” button.
• There will be a button indicating ‘Schedule appointment’. Now click on it.
• Search a vaccination centre of choice by state, district, block and pin code.
• Date and availability will also be displayed.
• Click on the ‘book’ button.
• On successful completion of booking, you will receive a message. That confirmation details will have to be shown at the vaccination centre.
• Once the Appointment is fixed, it can be rescheduled at any later stage but before the vaccination appointment day.
• Download the Aarogya Setu app on your mobile phone.
• On the Aarogya Setu app homepage, go to the ‘Co-WIN’ tab.
• Under the Co-WIN icon, you can see four options – Vaccine Information, Vaccination, Vaccination Certificate, Vaccination Dashboard. Tap on the “Vaccination” tab and then select the “Register Now” option.
• Enter your mobile number and then click on “proceed to verify”.
• Enter the OTP and again select “proceed to verify”.
• Once the number verification is done, you will have to upload a photo ID card type (govt ID/voter ID card/Aadhaar, etc). You need to enter your full name on it. You also need to fill in other details such as age, gender, year of birth. Also, you can register a maximum of 4 beneficiaries through the Aarogya Setu app.
• On the following page, you will need to submit proof of eligibility.
• You can also check for vaccination sites by state, district, block and pin code. The date and availability will be displayed. Select the “book” option.
• Once registered successfully, you will receive an SMS with the appointment details
India reported 72,330 new Covid-19 cases and 459 related deaths in the last 24 hours, the Union Health Ministry informed today. With these additional cases, the total number of Covid-19 cases in the country reached 1,22,21,665. There are 5,84,055 active cases in the nation as of now.