There are many holidays coming up in October including public holidays. Banks are closed for many days during this month as October is a festival month. Bank Holidays: Bank again close 21 days from tomorrow. Banks are closed for a total of 21 days in the month of October. In such a situation, the work related to the banks needs to be completed within the time limit.
But not all holidays apply to all banks. This includes public holidays and local holidays as determined by the RBI. Although there are 21 public holidays in October, these do not apply on a local basis. That means banks are closed on certain days in some states. As per Reserve Bank of India guidelines, banks are closed on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month, excluding Sundays.
Complete list of bank holidays in the month of October 2022:
– October 1, 2022- Half yearly closing of bank accounts (Gangtok)
– October 2, 2022- Gandhi Jayanti, Sunday
– October 3, 2022- Durga Puja (Agartala, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Imphal, Kolkata, Patna and Ranchi)
– October 4, 2022- Durga Puja/Dussehra/Ayudha pooja/Janmotsav of Srimanta Sankardeva (Agartala, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Gangtok, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong and Thiruvananthapuram)
– October 5, 2022- Durga Puja/Dussehra festival /Janmotsav of Srimanta Sankardeva
– October 6, 2022- Durga Puja (Gangtok)
– October 7, 2022- Durga Puja (Gangtok)
– October 8, 2022- Second Saturday Holiday and Milad-i-Sherif/Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi (Bhopal, Jammu, Kochi, Srinagar and Thiruvananthapuram)
– October 9, 2022- Sunday
– October 13, 2022- Karwa Chauth (Shimla)
– October 14, 2022- Friday following Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi (Jammu and Srinagar) Bank Holidays.
– October 16, 2022- Sunday
– October 18, 2022- Kati Bihu (Guwahati)
– October 22, 2022- Fourth Saturday
– October 23, 2022- Sunday
– October 24, 2022- Kali Puja/Diwali
– October 25, 2022- Laxmi Puja/Diwali/Govardhan puja (Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal and Jaipur)
– October 26, 2022- Govardhan Puja/Bhai Dooj/Diwali/Vikram Samvant New Year Day (Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bengaluru, Dehradun, Gangtok, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Shimla and Srinagar).
– October 27, 2022- Bhai Dooj/Laxmi puja/Diwali (Gangtok, Imphal, Kanpur and Lucknow)
– October 30, 2022- Sunday
– October 31, 2022- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s Birthday/Surya Pashti Dala Chhath/Chhath Puja (Ahmedabad, Patna and Ranchi) Bank Holidays.