Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch high-speed 5G services in the country on October 1. Yes… here are the answers to the most common questions that arise in the minds of consumers on this occasion. 5G services starting from October 1: How to get 5G service on 4G phone
1. When 5G arrives, will 3G and 4G phones continue to function properly for voice calls and data?
Yes, all existing phones are working fine on voice calls and data. These services will only stop when the operator decides to shut down their 2G or 3G network.
2. So, what changes are there for such users? Will download and upload speeds increase even if their device is 4G?
You can experience 5G only on a 5G enabled device. 5G will not be available on existing 4G devices
3. Will the 4G network continue?
Yes, the 4G network will continue.
4. How is the availability of 5G devices?
According to industry estimates, there are currently around 50 million 5G devices in India. This number is growing rapidly.
5. Are 5G mobile phones readily available?
Yes. There are many models of 5G phones readily available. Devices from leading brands like Apple iPhone, Samsung, OnePlus etc. are selling 5G phones.
6. Will there be small WiFi devices in 5G like we have in 4G (JioFi)?
As already announced by Reliance, Jio will launch Jio Air Fiber device. It is a portable 5G device.
7. Can current 4G phones be upgraded to 5G?
No, currently 4G phones cannot be upgraded to 5G.
8. If users don’t have that much data usage, should they ditch the 4G phone and buy a new 5G phone?
5G has the distinct advantage of high speed and low latency. It helps digital consumers to use high speed internet.
9. Who will benefit most from 5G? What kind of use is it most suitable for?
All segments of consumers will benefit from the advantages of 5G. Customers using 5G at home can get high speed internet using Jio Air Fiber device or 5G handset. 5G can use Industry 4.0 solutions. In social sector it can help in agriculture, health, education etc.
10. How will 5G roll out? Will there be small posts (micro sites) instead of big towers? How do they work?
5G equipment can be installed on existing towers. Also, 5G equipment can be installed on roadsides as well.
5G services starting from October 1: How to get 5G service on 4G phone?