Saturday, January 23, 2021
Home Uncategorized 300 iranian died after took methanol as fake corona drug

300 iranian died after took methanol as fake corona drug

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Iran: Almost 300 people have died in Iran and more than 1,000 have suffered after taking what they thought was a treatment for coronavirus.

Iranian media says the deaths are down to people ingesting methanol after fabricated reports spread on social media claiming people had cured themselves of coronavirus with whisky and honey.

Methanol is similar to ethanol, but much more poisonous. Drinking it can cause organ and brain damage, and symptoms include chest pain, nausea, hyperventilation, blindness and even coma.

It is rumoured that alcohol can wash and sanitise the digestive system, said Dr Javad Amini Saman in Iran’s western city of Kermanshah, where dozens have been hospitalised. That is very wrong.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -

Most Popular