Tamil Nadu: A three-year-old boy died after accidentally ingesting a mosquito repellent in Pammal. The now-deceased minor, identified as Kishore, was playing with mosquito repellent bottles at his house in Pammal’s Fathima Nagar locality on Sunday.
He accidentally drank mosquito repellent from the bottle when his parents were away. Shortly afterwards, he began throwing up and screaming. His parents immediately dashed him to a private medical facility in the vicinity for treatment.
There, the parents were asked to take the child to the Chrompet Government Hospital from where the baby was rushed to the Government’s Children’s Hospital in Egmore. He breathed his last at night during treatment, according to a media report.
On Monday, the deceased’s father Tamizharasan, a private firm employee, lodged a complaint with the Shankar Nagar police against the private medical facility’s doctor. The complaint alleged that his minor son died due to incorrect treatment administered to him by the doctor.